Evidence-based injury prevention and return to sport screening for ACL
This webinar will give an introduction to evidence-based testing & screening for physiotherapists.
First, the theoretical framework of testing & screening will be shortly explained. After that, 2 topics will be covered related to ACL injuries:
Prevention: the latest evidence-based insights on injury prevention screening and injury risk profiling for athletes from multiple sports.
Rehab: Return-to-Sports screening after an ACL injury or surgery
- Know the scientific framework around injury prevention and RTS screening of ACL injuries
- Use scientific evidence to set up their own screening and testing approach
- Know the different tests and their strengths and limitations
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
For the course "Evidence-based injury prevention and return to sport screening for ACL" you will receive 2 CEU of 45 minutes each.
Prof Dr. Damien
Ausbildung und Werdegang
- Head of Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the Military Hospital Queen Astrid (Brussels, Belgium) where he leads a team of civilian and military medical doctors and physiotherapists specialized in musculoskeletal injuries.
- Professor at Ghent University: Working on research projects concerning prevention and risk factors of overuse injuries of the lower limb within the musculoskeletal research group at the Ghent University. Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate physiotherapy students.
- Obtained a PhD degree in motor rehabilitation & physiotherapy at the Ghent University.
- Damien is fluent in English, French, and Dutch.
- Specialties: Sports injury prevention & rehabilitation, Manual therapy.